The Driftless Area Quiz
1. What is the Driftless Area?
2. What is the proper scientific name for the area?
3. What U.S. State contains a portion of the Driftless Area?
4. River valleys in the Driftless Area exhibit what feature?
5. What percentage of the Driftless Area lies in the state of Wisconsin?
6. A material called “drift” is left behind by glaciers, what is it?
7. What river passes through the Wisconsin Driftless Area?
8. What is another important Driftless Area river?
9. Some small towns lie in the Driftless Area’s flood plain. What Wisconsin town met this fate in August of 2007?
10. How many square miles are covered by the driftless area?
Question 1: The correct answer is the A Midwestern region of The United States that escaped glaciation, during the last glacial period.
Question 2: The correct answer is Paleozoic Plateau.
Question 3: The correct answer is All of the above.
Question 4: The correct answer is They are deeply carved.
Question 5: The correct answer is 85%.
Question 6: The correct answer is All of the above.
Question 7: The correct answer is Mississippi.
Question 8: The correct answer is St. Croix.
Question 9: The correct answer is Gays Mills.
Question 10: The correct answer is 16,000.
Congratulations! You've got them all right!
We hope you enjoyed this quiz! You can use the buttons below to share it with your friends via email, Facebook, Twitter, and Google +, and see if they can do as well as you! You can also print your results by clicking the print icon below.