The History of South America
1. Agricultural evidence of native people in South America, including the discovery of the cultivation of potatoes, dates to which period?
2. Which South American civilization occupied a large area in northern South America, stretching from modern day Colombia to Panama by the 300s CE?
3. Which civilization inhabited the northern coast of Peru from 0 - 500 CE, known for their human sacrifices and trade with the Maya?
4. Which civilization is known for their construction of Machu Picchu, incredible stonework, and terraced farming?
5. Which two European countries, under the direction of the Pope, began the slaughter of South American natives in the name of religious conversion?
6. Which country was responsible for building the first fort in Guyana?
7. Brazil was colonized by the Portuguese and gained independence in which year?
8. Guyana did not gain independence from the United Kingdom until which year?
9. Pizarro led the Spanish to slaughter the Inca and take control of Peru in which year?
10. In which year did Argentine declare independence from the Spanish?
Question 1: The correct answer is the 6,000s BCE.
Question 2: The correct answer is Chibchas.
Question 3: The correct answer is Moche.
Question 4: The correct answer is Inca.
Question 5: The correct answer is Spain and Portugal.
Question 6: The correct answer is Netherlands.
Question 7: The correct answer is 1822.
Question 8: The correct answer is 1966.
Question 9: The correct answer is 1532.
Question 10: The correct answer is 1816.
Congratulations! You've got them all right!
We hope you enjoyed this quiz! You can use the buttons below to share it with your friends via email, Facebook, Twitter, and Google +, and see if they can do as well as you! You can also print your results by clicking the print icon below.