The African History Quiz
1. All humans originated in Africa. In which parts of Africa do we know humans were living more than 100,000 years ago?
2. How long ago did humans begin to migrate out of Africa, into Europe and Asia?
3. Around what year did the people of Egypt come together under one state, due to the rule of Narmer?
4. The ansestors of which present country supplied most of the spices, frankincense, and myrrh to the rest of the world through their traders and sailors in antiquity?
5. The Nok people, known for their beautiful statues made of terracotta, came from the area that is now which country?
6. When did the Ethiopians first develop relationships with Europe, leading to Portuguese help in the Ethiopian-Adal War?
7. Which kingdom founded in the 1600s was populated by the Tutsi and Hutu peoples?
8. Timbuktu was an important Muslim learning center in the late 13th century in which African Empire?
9. Which west African empire was founded in the 300s by Dinge Cisse?
10. Which city below was the first in Southern Africa between 1100 and 1400, known for incredible stone masonry?
Question 1: The correct answer is the Eastern and Southern Africa.
Question 2: The correct answer is 40,000 years ago.
Question 3: The correct answer is 3,100 BCE.
Question 4: The correct answer is Somalia.
Question 5: The correct answer is Nigeria.
Question 6: The correct answer is 1400s.
Question 7: The correct answer is Rwanda.
Question 8: The correct answer is Mali.
Question 9: The correct answer is Ghana Empire.
Question 10: The correct answer is Great Zimbabwe.
Congratulations! You've got them all right!
We hope you enjoyed this quiz! You can use the buttons below to share it with your friends via email, Facebook, Twitter, and Google +, and see if they can do as well as you! You can also print your results by clicking the print icon below.